LED Light Therapy
Low-level light therapy (LLLT) with Healite II is the therapeutic use of light emitting diode (LED) light
to enhance your body’s natural cellular recovery, improving healing times, relieving pain, subsiding active acne,
promoting skin rejuvenation and more. The pain free and non-invasive treatment delivers concentrated
energy deep into your tissue affecting your body at a cellular level.
It can be used to treat the most vulnerable and sensitive skin types and acts as an anti-inflammatory,
whilst also strengthening the skin to help alleviate further symptoms.
What can it treat?
- It promotes wound healing after surgical procedures
- Superficial skin cancer treatment (with exogenous PDT)
- Helps with muscle & joint pain
- Rejuvenates skin
- It improves blood circulation to induce wound healing
Although results are noticeable from the very first treatment, the cumulative effect means the longer the course of treatment, the better (and the longer lasting) the results.
How Many Treatments are needed?
The number of treatments depends on the condition being treated, for minor bruising and
swelling or post peel 1-2 sessions are usually all that is needed.
For rejuvenation and acne 4-6 treatments maybe required. Treatments are usually twice a week.
For the treatment of superficial skin cancers, a photo sensitizing agent is used, usually 2
treatments are required 1 week apart.
The treatments are usually between 15-20 minutes per session.
- low-level therapeutic light therapy is a powerful healing treatment, which also reduces the potential of scarring
- 830nm light accelerates the healing process of wounds and surgery following any medical or cosmetic procedure and can help improve the appearance of existing scars and prevent the formation of new scars. It can also reduce pain, bruising and inflammation.
- A damaged or compromised cell is 250% more active and effective once treated by light therapy.
- Near-infrared helps to stabilise abnormal conditions in the skin such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis, increases blood flow and lymph drainage, speeds the removal of toxins, and delivers oxygen and nutrients to the skin which benefits cell growth.
- Treats active acne, dermatitis, rosacea and psoriasis
- Increases blood circulation and lymphatic drainage