Dr David Simpson | Skin Cancer Medicine and Primary Care Dermatology
Educated in the UK, attended Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, University of London.
Spent several years in hospital completing terms in surgery, general medicine, emergency medicine, anaesthestics, cardiology, obstetrics and gynaecology, and paediatrics – both in Australia and the UK.
Spent 3 years as a medical officer in the Royal Navy and served in the Persian Gulf as well as gaining experience in diving medicine.
Awarded GP Registrars prize on completion of the Cornwall GP Vocational Training scheme.
Moved back to Australia in 2004 and has concentrated on skin cancer medicine since then. Worked in the Mediskin Clinic in Terrigal NSW until 2010 when he moved to the Sunshine Coast.
- MBBS, FRACGP, MRCGP, Postgrad Cert Sports Medicine (UQ), Diploma in Skin Cancer Medicine and Surgery, Diploma of Dermoscopy (Skin Cancer College of Australasia).
- Currently completing a Masters degree in Skin Cancer Medicine at the University of Queensland.
- Full member of the Skin Cancer College of Australasia.
- Member of the International Dermoscopy Society.
- A fellow of the Australian Royal College of Practitioners
Outside of work:
David is a keen cyclist and triathlete; has completed the Noosa and Mooloolaba triathlons on many occasions and completed Ironman Australia in 2013 (3.8km ocean swim, 180km bike ride followed by 42.2km marathon!)
Also interested in gym-based exercise for health and rehabilitation of injuries and musculoskeletal complaints.
Follows a mostly primal/paleo diet but enjoys good coffee and wine!
Believes in treating illness with diet and exercise rather than medication if possible.